How to Get the Life YOU Love
It sounds like a no-brainer: living the life YOU love. I mean, why would you live ANYTHING but the life YOU love? Yet so few of us are actually doing it. Most people are waiting.
Waiting for someone else to improve your life for you.
Waiting for circumstances to change before really living a life YOU love.
Waiting to lose weight.
Waiting to meet your dream (wo)man.
Waiting to move into your forever home.
Waiting to get pregnant.
Waiting to have the baby.
Waiting for a job promotion.
Waiting for retirement.
Waiting for death.
And then it’s too late – you ended up living a life that you fell into by mistake. Or a life that someone else chose for you. Or, even worse, you just existed through the days, months and years, not really living.
So let’s take out all constraints – finances are no objection, hurting someone’s feelings is not an issue – you can live anywhere, with anyone, do anything you want…
What would be the Life YOU Love?
- Where would you live? What country? City or village? House or apartment?
- Who would be in your life? Would you prefer to live alone? If not, what kind of a man or woman would you want to share your life with? Would there be kids? Pets?
- What would you do work-wise? In this ideal world would you have a job? If so, what would you do? You don’t have to tell anyone your answer to this question, so go wild! Astronaut, pop star, deep sea diver, president, vet, what?
We spend so much of our life pleasing others – doing what parents, teachers and careers counsellors tell us we “should” do. You study for a degree to enable you to do what THEY think is right and steady. You move to be where the jobs are. You listen as society and the media tells you when you should get married, to whom, when you should have kids and how many, what job you should do, what home you should live in, what you should spend your money on, and how you should live most of your life.
But once you leave the early years of childhood and day-dreaming nobody asks you what you WANT to do, to be, to have.
I’ve seen and heard this time and time again. And it makes so many people miserable. Even worse, most of them suffer in silence, too embarrassed to admit they’re not happy.
That is not YOUR life. This is not a life YOU love.
Do you have a Life YOU Love?
Sometimes it’s hard to know if you have a life you love. It seems ok. Nothing special. But surely life is just for getting through, right?
If you dread Sunday nights / Monday mornings. If you feel stabs of jealousy (not envy – jealousy) when you scroll through friends’ timelines on social media. If you find yourself daydreaming about former boyfriends/girlfriends or about a simpler time when you were at school / university / in your 20s. If any of these sound familiar then it’s time to have a bit of a think.
What is it that makes you dread the end of the weekend? Do you hate your job? Is it your partner going away for work? What makes you jealous about your friend’s life? What are you trying to relive / rekindle by daydreaming about the past?
What is it that isn’t working for you right now?
What do I know about Living a Life YOU Love?
Over the last 40 years I have had some very high highs and some equally low lows:
- I have been in an emotionally abusive relationship.
- I’ve been cheated on and dumped.
- I’ve gone right to the edge of my marriage vows of for better and for worse, wondering at times if we could and would make it through.
- I’ve suffered from miscarriage, haemorrhaging during childbirth and minor post-natal depression.
- I’ve seen two direct bosses arrested / fired for fraud (including one I saw on the evening news in handcuffs one Friday evening).
- I’ve worked for someone linked to the Russian Mafia and a self-professed witch.
- I’ve set up my own business, thrown myself heart and soul into it and then closed it down after it failed.
- I’ve watched my forever home be born, from the ground up, over 2 years, and then been forced to sell it.
- I’ve made some incredibly tough decisions, both personally and professionally.
BUT equally I have dragged myself out from the depths time and time again:
- I married the man of my dreams 19 months after I met him (we got engaged after 6 months), despite everyone telling me it was a rebound relationship. We have been together for nearly 15 years now.
- I have moved countries twice to improve my career options and / or work:life balance, despite both times having to leap into the unknown, with no guarantees that everything would be ok.
- I have changed jobs and roles numerous times, making sure my career isn’t making me miserable.
- I have been a stay-at-home-mum, a working mum and a work-at-home-mum.
- I have developed a thick skin and stopped giving a shit about people who don’t have my best interests at heart, kicking toxic friendships to the curb when need be.
For the last 5 years I have been helping my lovely Franglaise Mummy readers with issues they’re dealing with – personal, professional and life-changing – and I love being able to make some kind of difference. There have been so many times over the years when having a sounding board, someone I could speak to in confidentiality would have made the world of difference, so this is something I love to be able to offer.
Why? What’s in it for me?
People often ask me why I do it, with suspicion. They want to know what’s in it for me.
The satisfaction of knowing that someone is happier or can see clearer thanks to something I’ve said, written or shared.
For those who want or need to go deeper in their search for a Life THEY Love, I have more in-depth tools coming out over the next few months (a book and an online programme). But my aim, as always, is to help as many people as possible through my free channels (this blog, my Facebook Live / YouTube videos and various free resources).
Get the Life YOU Love: The Next Step
But for a while now I’ve wanted to take my free help to the next step.
And that’s what I’m doing this coming weekend.
On Sunday I will be throwing a FREE live event, here in Mauritius, where I will be teaching you how to get the Life YOU Love. Where I will be sharing personal experiences. Where you will be able to learn from my mistakes, my wins, and from the many examples from my Franglaise Mummy readers over the years.
BUT don’t worry if you’re not local! I will be filming the whole event and sharing the video with all those on my mailing list 🙂
How to Get the Life YOU Love: The Event
How to attend and how to get your copy of the recording
If you want to attend my free event and / or if you want to get the video recording afterwards you’ll need to be on my email subscriber list. Not sure if you are? Do you get my email newsletter every Tuesday? If you do, you’re on my list and you’re good to go 🙂 If you don’t, you need to jump on my list quick smart if you don’t want to miss out! It’s really easy to do this – just put your email address in any of the boxes or pop-ups on this website. You’ll get the detailed information about the event in your email from me.
Details of the event
When: Sunday 16th October from 8am
Where: A beach in Tamarin (full details in the email)
What will be covered:
During this event I will be covering these subjects as honestly and as transparently as possible:
- Jobs and career
- Relationships and Sex (taboo I know, but so important to our happiness in life)
- Friendships & non-romantic relationships
- Facing fears
- Calculating risk
All with the aim to help you Get the Life YOU Love too.
How to ask for help anonymously:
I get emails from readers all the time, wanting help with various things, and I’ll be covering those issues during the event. But not everyone wants to put their name to their question, so if that’s the case for you, rest assured you can ask for help anonymously by doing the following:
- Write a comment in the box below, where it says “Leave a Reply”
- Tick the box that says “Notify me of followup comments via e-mail”
- Put Anonymous as your name
- Put firstname.lastname@example.org as your email (or any fake email address like that)
- Tick the box that says “Confirm you are NOT a spammer”
I want to help as many people as possible, near and far, so don’t hesitate to share this page with anyone you think might be interested in the event, the recording of the event, or who might like to ask for help anonymously.
I look forward to seeing my local readers very soon for this very frank, very honest, no holds barred talk!
With much love,
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up to my mailing list so you get your recording of the event!